data, awards, description –
Cambridge Waters introduces a new standard of living to Shanghai.
Newly designed residences Cambridge Waters is a residential development in China’s Baoshan, a rapidly evolving district in Shanghai’s north. Set amongst stunningly landscaped gardens and canals, the development comprises a mixture of low- and medium-rise apartments, offering young professionals a new standard of living in the heart of Baoshan. The development’s location makes the most of Baoshan’s convenient access to transport and central amenities.
A desirable address The first Cambridge Waters homes sold out within weeks of entering the market in 2004. An additional 3500 homes were completed in 2008, and a final stage of development continues to meet the demands of a discerning generation and offer an unprecedented urban lifestyle.
Developing the masterplan In creating Cambridge Waters, AJ+C collaborated with SPG’s Tim Schwager and Oculus, the Australian landscape architects.
- ClientShanghai Cambridge Property Development Co Ltd
- Stage oneSite area: 21.8 ha FSR: 1.1:1 GFA: 217,042 m² Apartments: 1500
- Stage TwoSite area: 25.8 ha FSR: 1.45:1 GFA: 373,755 m² Apartments: 3500
- 2003China Real Estate Innovation Award
- 2003National Architecture & Planning Competition (China),
– Gold Medals for Architecture & Planning
news, video, testimonials –
- Press release: Community and choice – the Chinese apartment market embraces change