Changing the way people live, work and play, Allen Jack+Cottier (AJ+C) is a Sydney-based practice for architecture, urban design and interiors. Over six decades the practice has created some of Australia’s most innovative, celebrated and sustainable environments in education, sport, housing, community and urban design.
As a collective of architects, designers and urban thinkers, we follow innovation and ideas not heroes or ‘house styles’. Sustainability is core to everything we do. We find elegant solutions to challenging briefs, sparking innovation, stimulating thought, fostering community.
Each project responds uniquely to its purpose and context, client and site. No two are the same.
This approach creates a proud history of earning local, national and international acclaim at industry awards. AJ+C is the only Australian practice awarded a Silver Medal (in 2013) by the International Olympic Committee at IOC/IAKS (for Milson Island Sport Stadium, in Brooklyn NSW).
This is a permanent role focusing on leading project teams in the design process and delivery of work on projects by championing the design methodology and developing design quality. With experience in residential (particularly student accommodation) and mixed use, you will report in to the Director of the market sector.
Experience and skills required:
- • Minimum 10 years’ experience in a design and client focused role
- • Must have experience in RES/ MXU; experience in student accommodation desirable
- • Experienced in Revit with the ability to lead a team delivering complex projects in Revit
- • Experience with project leadership and delivery
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Advanced documentation skills and technical knowledge
Key duties & responsibilities:
- • Foster and manage a collaborative team environment to produce high-quality documentation using organisation knowledge and systems
- • Integrate your own experience and learnings into the team’s collective knowledge
- • Execute the design process so that the design intent can be achieved, and client expectations are exceeded
- • Lead the successful delivery and profitability of a portfolio of projects or a project of considerable complexity or size
- • Play an active role in mentoring and coaching junior team members and managing team performance
- • Manage relationships with clients and consultants, and ensure alignment between client and project team
Benefits of AJ+C:
- • Collaborative and supportive team environment
- • Flexible working environment including working from home arrangements
- • Training, mentoring and professional development
- • Participate in design workshops and get your ideas heard
- • Social in house and online events
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia should apply to this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
To apply please email email@example.com with the subject line “DESIGN LEAD”