Changing the way people live, work and play, Allen Jack+Cottier (AJ+C) is a Sydney-based practice for architecture, urban design and interiors. Over six decades the practice has created some of Australia’s most innovative, celebrated and sustainable environments in education, sport, housing, community and urban design.
As a collective of architects, designers and urban thinkers, we follow innovation and ideas not heroes or ‘house styles’. Sustainability is core to everything we do. We find elegant solutions to challenging briefs, sparking innovation, stimulating thought, fostering community.
Each project responds uniquely to its purpose and context, client and site. No two are the same. This approach creates a proud history of earning local, national and international acclaim at industry awards. AJ+C is the only Australian practice awarded a Silver Medal (in 2013) by the International Olympic Committee at IOC/IAKS (for Milson Island Sport Stadium, in Brooklyn NSW).
POSITION SUMMARY We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-rounded and motivated team player with excellent people skills. You will have a collaborative approach to work and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders. You will be able to work autonomously and drive own work outcomes.
Primarily supporting the People and Culture Manager, the role will be responsible for:
Key duties & responsibilities:
- • Coordinate recruitment activities including managing pipelines, candidate communication, interviews and offers and on-boarding process
- • Coordinate and provide input into the annual performance review and salary review processes and resources
- • Coordinate and input into development of AJ+C Mentorship program
- • Develop policies to keep up to date with employment legislation and business initiatives
- • Provide coaching to leaders on performance management issues
- • Undertake generalist HR activities including reporting, staff surveys, coordinate probations, employment letters, policy advice
- • Assist with marketing administration tasks for example researching events, inviting participants, updating client contacts
- • Assist with workforce planning, resourcing and staff development needs across the practice
- • 3 to 5 years’ experience in a HR generalist role or recruitment
- • Must be confident and personable and excellent communication skills
- • Proficient in Microsoft office
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Excellent attention to detail
- • Creative and willingness to put ideas forward
- • Collaborative and supportive team environment
- • Flexible working environment including working from home arrangements
- • Training, mentoring and professional development
- • Participate in design workshops and get your ideas heard
- • Social in house and online events
Experience and skills required:
Benefits of AJ+C:
We work flexibly at AJ+C and will be happy to discuss with you various options. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia should apply to this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “HR COORDINATOR / ADVISOR”