data, awards, description –
The multi-award winning Kogarah Town Square sets a new benchmark for environmentally innovative urban design.
Cutting-edge efficiency Kogarah Town Square is one of the most energy and water-efficient urban communities in NSW. Housing the equivalent of a solar power station on its roof, it can generate enough energy to power 32 suburban homes. A water tank the size of an Olympic swimming pool reduces the need for potable water by 42 per cent.
The heart of the precinct Kogarah Town Square comprises 33 retail outlets, 193 apartments, a 224-space public car park, public foyer and library. The Square itself is a hub for the community, with intriguing architectural features and attractive landscaping.
An award-winning development Recognition for Kogarah Town Square includes an award for Ecologically Sustainable Design from the Royal Australian Institute of Architects awards, an Urban Design Institute of Australia NSW Award for Excellence and an Australian Sustainable Cities Award.
- ClientHightrade Company
- CostA$60 million
- Site9,000 m²
- GFA26,260 m²
- Comm.2,167 m²
- Retail2,461 m²
- 2005LivCom Awards for Environmentally Sustainable Projects,
Gold Award – Built section of Environmentally Sustainable Projects
- 2004Royal Australian Institute of Architects (RAIA)
NSW – Winner Environmental Design – Energy Efficiency
- 2003Planning Institute of Australia, Australian Awards for Urban Design Excellence – Honourable Mention
- 2003The Architecture Show Magazine (TAS)/Francis Greenway Society
Green Building Awards – Gold Medal
- 2003Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA), NSW Award for Excellence in Urban Development–Energy Efficiency
news, video, testimonials –
- Press release: Kogarah Town Square: Winner of 11 design and planning awards for sustainability and environmental efficiency