Changing the way people live, work and play, Allen Jack + Cottier (AJ+C) is a Sydney-based practice for architecture, urban design and interiors. Over six decades the practice has created some of Australia’s most innovative, celebrated and sustainable environments in education, sport, housing, community and urban design.
As a collective of architects, designers and urban thinkers, we follow innovation and ideas not heroes or ‘house styles’. Sustainability is core to everything we do. We find elegant solutions to challenging briefs, sparking innovation, stimulating thought, fostering community.
Each project responds uniquely to its purpose and context, client and site. No two are the same. This approach creates a proud history of earning local, national and international acclaim at industry awards
This is a 12-month fixed term role. The responsibilities cover the entire design process and works in collaboration with the architecture teams. This position would best suit a hands-on creative designer with good technical knowledge and experience in delivering projects from inception to completion.
What we are looking for:
- • 5 to 8 years’ experience in interior design
- • Experience across a broad range of projects including education, aged care and residential.
- • Excellent creative thinking and design skill including colour and finishes coordination
- • Excellent skills in preparing design presentations using Adobe CS
- • Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- • Advanced Revit and ability to deliver full documentation packages
- • Ability to use excel to document schedules
- • A thorough understanding of AS and the BCA
- • Motivated with a can do approach
Benefits of AJ+C:
- • Collaborative and supportive team environment
- • Flexible working environment including working from home arrangements
- • Training, mentoring and professional development
- • Participate in design workshops and get your ideas heard
- • Social in house and online events
This role is largely studio based in Sydney, however we’re happy to consider flexible work arrangements. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia should apply to this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
To apply please email email@example.com with the subject line “PROJECT LEAD- INTERIORS”