Allen Jack+Cottier (AJ+C) is looking for an experienced, talented, and passionate Project Lead – Urban Design to join our team.
AJ+C is a renowned architecture, interior and urban design practice that has created some of the most innovative and sustainable environments for over 70 years across multiple sectors. The AJ+C Urban Design team combines the type of intimate involvement and project responsibility typical of a small studio with the opportunities for career advancement of a large firm. We work at scales ranging from a single building to neighbourhoods covering hundreds of hectares.
If AJ+C sounds like the place where you’d thrive and you want to be involved in the next decade of Sydney’s evolution, then we invite you to apply.
At AJ+C you can:
- Engage with a diverse, energetic and passionate team
- Be part of a growing, award-winning Urban Design Team
- Work across a broad portfolio of sectors from mixed-use, education, workplace, residential, sport, community and hospitality
- Work flexibly within a company with a commitment to becoming a permanently hybrid workplace
- Access a wealth of knowledge and resources through mentorship and our A+ Membership
- Receive a host of staff benefits such as personal development/wellness budget, study leave, paid parental leave
- Grow and develop your career
In this role you will:
Assist in all design and delivery tasks for major Urban Design Projects, including:
- Built form, street layout and public realm design;
- Feasibility studies from back-of-the-envelope through to implementation;
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Preparation of reports, drawings and presentations.
The right candidate will have:
- Qualification in Urban Design, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture or Architecture required
- Minimum 5 years professional experience post-graduation, including in specific urban design roles
- Green Star (or equivalent) certifications desirable.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a collaborative team environment
- Strong written, graphic and verbal communication skills
- Well developed urban design communication skills
- Superior ability to use reason, logic and creativity to solve ambiguous problems
- Comfortable, effective and influential in meetings with senior management teams
- Prepares well structured, clearly expressed written documents that address issues concisely and professionally
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Lead – Urban Design”