Changing the way people live, work and play, Allen Jack+Cottier (AJ+C) is a Sydney-based practice for architecture, urban design and interiors. Over six decades the practice has created some of Australia’s most innovative, celebrated and sustainable environments in education, sport, housing, community and urban design.
As a collective of architects, designers and urban thinkers, we follow innovation and ideas not heroes or ‘house styles’. Sustainability is core to everything we do. We find elegant solutions to challenging briefs, sparking innovation, stimulating thought, fostering community.
Each project responds uniquely to its purpose and context, client and site. No two are the same. This approach creates a proud history of earning local, national and international acclaim at industry awards. AJ+C is the only Australian practice awarded a Silver Medal (in 2013) by the International Olympic Committee at IOC/IAKS (for Milson Island Sport Stadium, in Brooklyn NSW).
POSITION SUMMARY This role manages the day-to-day project work including program of work, financial management and technical expertise to deliver high quality project work to clients.
Experience and skills required:
- • Expert technical knowledge and application
- • Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- • Experience with project delivery on large and complex multi-residential, mixed use or education projects
- • Solid knowledge of construction techniques and experience taking projects from initial inception to site
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Proficiency in Revit
- • Leadership of a team
Key duties & responsibilities:
- • Programming of work and resourcing
- • Coordinating team members and external consultant team to deliver the work
- • Working with the Design Lead to develop design concepts through the project lifecycle
- • Managing delivery and risk across the project’s scope of work, contract requirements and financial outcomes
- • Ensure project work are complying with AJ+C standards and quality systems
- • Conduct project audits and technical reviews on other projects and contribute to working groups across the studio
Benefits of AJ+C:
- • Collaborative and supportive team environment
- • Flexible working environment including working from home arrangements
- • Training, mentoring and professional development
- • Participate in design workshops and get your ideas heard
- • Social in house and online events
We work flexibly at AJ+C and will be happy to discuss with you various options. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia should apply to this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
To apply please email email@example.com with the subject line “SENIOR PROJECT LEAD”