Changing the way people live, work and play, Allen Jack+Cottier (AJ+C) is a Sydney-based practice for architecture, urban design and interiors. Over six decades the practice has created some of Australia’s most innovative, celebrated and sustainable environments in education, sport, housing, community and urban design.
As a collective of architects, designers and urban thinkers, we follow innovation and ideas not heroes or ‘house styles’. Sustainability is core to everything we do. We find elegant solutions to challenging briefs, sparking innovation, stimulating thought, fostering community.
Each project responds uniquely to its purpose and context, client and site. No two are the same. This approach creates a proud history of earning local, national and international acclaim at industry awards. AJ+C is the only Australian practice awarded a Silver Medal (in 2013) by the International Olympic Committee at IOC/IAKS (for Milson Island Sport Stadium, in Brooklyn NSW).
POSITION SUMMARY The Studio Lead – Design is a senior leadership role that builds AJ+C’s reputation for high quality design outcomes by delivering for our client relationships and their briefs.
With experience in education design projects, you will work closely with a Studio Director, to lead client relationships, and lead project teams in the design and delivery process. You will work beyond the projects alone, to lead and influence across the studio, particularly by championing our design methodology and developing design quality.
What we are looking for:
- • Experience in a design and client focused role
- • Experience in Education design work (including master planning)
- • Established relationships within the Education sector
- • Project leadership and delivery of projects through all phases
- • Ability to lead a team delivering projects in Revit
- • Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
Key duties & responsibilities:
- • Lead the design process on projects and apply creative design at all stages, including directly with the client and key stakeholders
- • Deliver profitable work on projects
- • Build your design reputation in a market and produce award-winning work
- • Generate new work and repeat work
- • Lead a high performing team across multiple projects
- • Play an active role in mentoring and coaching junior team members and managing team performance
Benefits of AJ+C:
- • Collaborative and supportive team environment
- • Flexible working environment including working from home arrangements
- • Training, mentoring and professional development
- • Participate in design workshops and get your ideas heard
- • Social in house and online events
We work flexibly at AJ+C and will be happy to discuss with you various options. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia should apply to this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “STUDIO LEAD – DESIGN (EDUCATION)”