data, awards, description –
In a unique setting between Sydney Harbour and the Northern Beaches, the award-winning Village at Balgowlah exemplifies the laid-back luxe of the coastal lifestyle.
The new town square On the site of a 1960s shopping centre, The Village reimagines the traditional town square as a stylish hub for its residents and the local community. Housing a variety of specialty shops, Coles, cafes and apartments, it offers an attractive, accessible place to meet, shop and live.
Coastal luxe Set amid spacious native gardens and surrounding the generous swimming pool, the residences optimise light as well as district and ocean views, maximising the natural advantages of the site.
Green living Green features are built into the design of The Village, like the swimming pool’s innovative heating system, which recycles waste heat from the shopping centre’s air-conditioning. Such elements combine with the reduced need for driving that comes with appealing and carefully designed local shops, providing a healthy, green lifestyle for the community.
- CostA$345 million
- Site2.12 ha
- GFA45,715 m²
- 2011Property Council 2011
Award for Innovation & Excellence
- 2010Property Council of Australia
Finalist for the Woodhead Award for Mixed Use Developments
- 2010Australian Institute of Architects (AIA)
Commendation Urban Design
- 2008HIA-Boral GreenSmart Award
Development Design Concept of the Year
news, video, testimonials –
- Press Release: The Village, Balgowlah, wins Property Council 2011 Award for Innovation & Excellence
- Press Release: The Village, Balgowlah, wins Urban Design Commendation at AIA, NSW Chapter, Awards.
- Announcement: Green kudos for The Village
- News article: ‘In the mix’