data, awards, description –
The Waterfront, positioned on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour, provides a model for a contemporary urban lifestyle, with attractive apartments, resort facilities and a vibrant social scene.
Modern living Allen Jack+Cottier designed and supervised construction of eight residential and community buildings at Payce Properties’ The Waterfront at Sydney’s Homebush. Beyond a simple collection of apartments, The Waterfront, home to 6,000 people, is a bustling village, with a piazza, restaurants, gallery, pool, tennis courts and popular sports club.
Planning for a community In addition to AJ+C’s residential work on The Waterfront, we have also been involved in the development’s masterplanning, foreshore landscaping and street signage. AJ+C has also been responsible for the reworking of The Piazza, the commercial centre and the sports and entertainment club.
Recognition for quality The Waterfront project received an Urban Development Institute (UDI) of Australia award, as well as a NSW Urban Taskforce Excellence Award.
- CostA$300 million (approx.)
- AptsBellagio (123 apartments) Valencia (173 apartments) Palermo (247 apartments) St Tropez (127 apartments) Alora (255 apartments)
- 2007Valencia Complex, NSW Urban Taskforce Excellence Award for
- 2006Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA), NSW Landcom Awards for Excellence – Masterplanned Development (Mixed Use Development)
news, video, testimonials –
- Press release: Valencia garners ‘architectural distinction’ at property industry awards
- Press release: New residential development at The Waterfront, Homebush Bay West for Payce Consolidated
- Press release: Awards highlight Allen Jack+Cottier’s role as design pioneers
- Press release: New Valencia highlights changing expectations of architecture